Who should treat you

Who should you see first for treatment?

A general practitioner (GP) should be your ‘go-to’ healthcare professional for any skin rash. They will look closely at your rash and ask questions about when it first occurred, how it feels and how you have been managing it.

Then, they may refer you to a skin specialist known as a dermatologist, or another type of specialist, depending on the results of your initial assessment.

treatment mobile

What happens after my appointment?

Once you have seen your GP, dermatologist, or another type of specialist, it’s important to keep track of how happy and comfortable you are with treatment and how well it’s working.

If you’re not satisfied with the progress of your treatment in a reasonable time frame as advised by your healthcare professional, make sure you let them know at your next appointment.